Second Congregational Church of Attleboro is a daughter church of First Congregational Church in North Attleborough. Our mother church was founded in 1712; our congregation began in its present location in 1748. Since that time, Second Church has worked to provide the people of Attleboro and surrounding communities with worship and Christian leadership.
The buildings of Second Church have been landmarks of downtown Attleboro since the old White Church was built in 1825. Later generations of church leaders funded the construction of our present sanctuary in the early 1900s and of our education building in the 1950s. We have resolved to remain in downtown Attleboro as a signal to the community that we believe in the potential and presence of a vital, thriving urban center for the Attleboro area.